- This event has passed.
Mindful Defense™ Self-Defense Seminar for Gold Hill Mesa (90 Minutes)
April 20 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Sponsored by Gold Hill Mesa
& Presented in Conjunction with
Springs Karate & Fitness
NOTE: This is a class a sponsored by Gold Hill Mesa and there is no cost to participants. All participants must register for this event by reserving a ticket below.
The Mindful Defense™ course focuses on mindset, situational awareness and self-defense combatives. Mindset and situational awareness are two of your most powerful weapons when it comes to self-defense. This self-defense course focuses on recognizing, avoiding and de-escalating dangerous situations before they become a physical encounter. Participants will be given the tools to develop a self-defense plan tailored to their unique set of circumstance. Topics include:
- Crime Triangle: understand what is necessary for a crime to take place and how to become a hard target.
- Mindset & Intuition: develop a self-defense mindset which will give you the tools to act on your intuition.
- Situational Awareness: learn to be aware of your surroundings and what to look for in order to stay safe.
- Color Codes: color codes provide an easy to implement system for staying alert and knowing what to do and when.
- Attack Indicators: learn 7 of the most common things a criminal will do before an attack. Avoiding a confrontation is a lot easier than winning one.
- RADAR Loops: learn how to recognize danger, process attack indicators and de-escalate situations.
- Building Your Situational Database: analyze real-world events to learn how to better deal with similar situations in the future.
- Introduction to Combatives: learn simply, yet effective, self-defense techniques.
- Self-Defense Tips of Realtors: learn self-defense that applies to the circumstances and situations realtors face.
What To Wear: Those wanting to participate in hands-on training should wear casual, loose fitting clothing or fitness apparel. Everyone is invited to join Springs Karate and Fitness immediately following the seminar to practice self-defense techniques.