Mindful Defense™ Level 1: Self-Defense Mindset
The Mindful Defense™ Level 1: Self-Defense Mindset course focuses on mindset and situational awareness. Mindset and situational awareness are two of your most powerful weapons when it comes to self-defense. This self-defense course focuses on recognizing, avoiding and de-escalating dangerous situations before they become a physical encounter. It is much easier to recognize and avoid danger than it is to prevail in a physical confrontation. Participants will be given the tools to develop a self-defense plan tailored to their unique set of circumstance. Topics include:
- Crime Triangle: understand what is necessary for a crime to take place and how to become a hard target.
- Mindset & Intuition: develop a self-defense mindset which will give you the tools to act on your intuition.
- Situational Awareness: learn to be aware of your surroundings and what to look for in order to stay safe.
- Color Codes: color codes provide an easy to implement system for staying alert and knowing what to do and when.
- Attack Indicators: learn 7 of the most common things a criminal will do before an attack. Avoiding a confrontation is a lot easier than winning one.
- RADAR Loops: learn how to recognize danger, process attack indicators and de-escalate situations.
- Building Your Situational Database: analyze real-world events to learn how to better deal with similar situations in the future.
Mindful Defense™ Level 2: Self-Defense Combatives
The Mindful Defense™ Level 2: Combatives course is a “hands-on” self-defense course which teaches simple blocks, strikes and tactics that can be effective in real-world encounters. Participants will learn to apply techniques regardless of disparities in size and strength. Topics include:
- Attack Indicators: know what actions an aggressor will take leading up to an attack
- Expectations: discussion of potential and desired outcomes of physical encounters
- Reaction State: understand your natural startle reaction and how to use this response to your advantage
- Targets: what areas to strike and how they affect the ability of your attacker
- Tactics: learn how to position, mask and load strikes to maintain the element of surprise and reaction time advantage
- Strikes: learn and practice simple, yet effective strikes that can be used against an attacker regardless of size or physical ability
- Defense: learn how to use your natural reaction response to defend against common attacks
Prerequisite: Mindful Defense™ Level 1: Self-Defense Mindset